Our business address is 117e Sandgate High Street, Sandgate, Folkestone, CT20 3BZ.
We collect and process the following personal information about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in our contact forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, text messaging, direct mail, online or otherwise. It also includes information you provide us through electronic or hard copy business cards, for instance, when you fill out: contact forms; content download requests; information request forms and/or when you report a problem with our site.
If you are a job applicant we collect, store and use information you provide on your application form(s) for the purposes of recruitment. The information you give us may include your contact details, job application, curriculum vitae, covering letter and any references provided. It may also include sensitive personal information, for instance, on a disability that is relevant to your interview, for which we will require your explicit consent to collect and retain your personal information.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical data, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream, through and from our site; products and/or services you viewed or searched for, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We, by using a tracking code from a third party provider (Google Analytics), also collect information on the public IP address of the requesting computer, individuals cannot be identified by this tool.2) Cookies
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers. These files are either stored in the memory of your computer or other device such as mobile phones or are placed on the hard drive of your device.
Uses made of the information.
We will use this information for:
- Contact and communication: We may use your contact information and preferences to send you newsletters that we may circulate from time to time, news about any events we are organising or participating in, information about us, the products and/or services that we provide, and/or to respond to any user enquiries.
- Provision of services: If specific personal information is necessary to supply a particular service (e.g. an e-mail address for electronic invoices) then this service is only available to those users who provide this information. It does affect a user’s ability to use other parts of the site.
- Recruitment: We will use the personal information provided on your application form to process your job application and the information provided by you may be stored for further job opportunities, or if you are successfully recruited, stored on your employee file.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and provide information to you and other users of our site about us and the products and/or services we provide.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the information we receive).
We will only collect and handle your personal information in accordance with your contact preferences. You can also subsequently inform us of your contact preferences, including any request to withdraw your consent to the collection and handling of your personal information by contacting:
The Data Protection Officer
117e Sandgate High Street, Sandgate, Folkestone, CT20 3BZ.3) Sharing Information
Although we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, including (without limitation) in order to comply with applicable local laws or judicial proceedings, court orders or any other legal processes.
It may be shared under contractual control with other companies who collect and handle personal information on our behalf. For these purposes information may be transferred to other companies located outside the European Economic Area. Any personal information that is transferred will be protected accordance with applicable laws. When we transfer personal information from the European Economic Area to other countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as GDPR, we take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection.
Our contact details, set out in the “Contacting Us” section below, may be used for all data protection purposes, including where the other company involved is located outside the European Economic Area.
In some circumstances personal information may be shared with third parties for legal reasons, such as:
To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities; or
In the event of a merger , sale, restructure , acquisition joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Lemon Lime Interiors Ltd business assets
We take steps to ensure that information we collect is processed according to this Privacy Notice, the requirements of GDPR and other applicable laws.4) How long will we retain your data?
When we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted completely.
Examples of this are when you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you supply us for a minimum of six years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations after which it will be anonymised as above.
If your order includes a guarantee, the associated personal data will be retained until the end of the guarantee period. 5) Data Security
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Our company uses secure encryption technology (secure socket connection) for all sensitive and personal information transmitted on our site.
Despite this, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. We do not accept liability for any interception of your personal information that may occur.6) Your Rights – Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating/Accessing Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation
you have a number of important rights free of charge.
In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information;
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address;
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations;
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing;
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you;
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances; and
- For further information on each of those rights, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you wish to correct and/or update information or you no longer require our service, you can notify Lemon and Lime Interiors Ltd of this change by contacting us (see below) or visiting our online privacy centre.
You may, where permitted by GDPR, submit a Subject Access Request (“SAR”) to the Data Protection Officer to check whether we hold your personal information; and/or,
Require us to provide you with a copy of your personal information; and/or,
Require us to correct or delete or restrict the processing of any of your personal information that is inaccurate or that you don’t want us to hold. This request should be made in writing to our contact address (below).7) Contacting Us
If you want to contact us with any questions, please contact us at:
The Data Protection Officer
117e Sandgate High Street, Sandgate, Folkestone, CT20 3BZ.8) Other
Emails and other electronic communication with us may be monitored.9) Changes to our Privacy Notice
We may, from time to time, make changes to our Privacy Notice. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice. This policy was updated 23 May 2018.10) “GDPR” definition
As from 25 May 2018 onwards, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations and any guidance or codes of practice issued by the European Data Protection Board or Information Commissioner (the UK’s independent authority established to uphold information rights) from time to time (all as amended, updated or re-enacted from time to time); and with effect from the date the United Kingdom exits the European Union (“Brexit”) such applicable law of the United Kingdom as has been enacted to provide for Brexit and the transposition into domestic law of the GDPR and/or replacement by new legislation achieving similar or equivalent effects to the GDPR.